Another month has passed, which means we're back with another edition of our Best Digital Marketing Blogs! This month, we'll take a look at the evolution of SEO and other organic marketing tactics, social media tips and tricks, and also focus on LinkedIn hacks that can grow your business. Without further delay, let's begin.
Search Engine Optimization
- The best way to learn about a topic is by going straight to the source. So why not go to Google to generate insight into SEO? In this post, Danny Sullivan shares how Google autocomplete works in search.
- Search engine algorithms are extremely complex. In this post from Search Engine Journal, Dave Davies shares everything you need to know about the algorithms.
- Digital marketing is evolving each day, including search and organic marketing. In this post, we share how topic clusters are shaping the future of SEO and content marketing.
- Search Engine Land is one of the best thought leaders when it comes to organic marketing. In this post, Jessica Foster shares what really matters beyond keywords.
- Backlinking is a white-hat SEO strategy that boosts your business’s online visibility. In this post, we share the fundamentals of backlinks and what you need to know.
- On the topic of backlinks, not all are valued the same. In fact, there are bad backlinks that could negatively hurt your site. In this post by Russ Jones from Moz, here’s how to discover and monitor bad backlinks.
- SEO goes beyond just bloggers and content creators, it also affects web designers. In this post, Search Engine Watch shares 10 SEO aspects for web designers to master.
- Google rewards and Google penalizes. Certain factors can affect your content to go either way. In this post, Nick Churick from Ahrefs shares how to find, fix, and avoid Google penalties.
- Facebook is hands-down one of the most powerful social media channels for businesses. In this post, Julia Bramble shares 12 overlooked Facebook features that help marketers.
- GDPR is a term that has been swirling around this month. If you’re unfamiliar with it, it’s a regulation that’s been implemented by the EU which could affect businesses in the US. In this post, Forbes shares what the GDPR is and what it means for your business.
- Our monthly roundups are a great example of curated content. They’re a great way to generate relationships and develop thought leadership. What if you were able to retarget readers who click specific content pieces? In this post, Mike Allton shares how to retarget people who click on curated content.
- Social media marketing isn’t just about running a campaign and hoping it works, campaigns require measuring and refining. One of the main KPIs for this is conversion rate. In this post, Rebekah Radice shares 5 tactics that’ll improve your conversion rate.
- Industry reports help share insight on the latest updates in the market. Most recently, Michael Stelzner shares the 2017 social media marketing industry report. Click here to read it, no opt-in required.
- Instagram is growing each and every day. As such, marketers need to be on top of using the platform to grow their business. In this post, Kim Garst shares 20 Instagram tricks that you probably don't know.
Earlier this month, we were looking for LinkedIn marketing tactics online and came across a ton of insight. We wanted to have the ability to share these actionable tactics with you, so disclaimer, not all of the following LinkedIn articles below are from May 2018.
- LinkedIn is one of the best social media channels to drive awareness, generated engagement, and create leads. However, like all things marketing, you need content. In this post by Alexandra Rynne, learn how to maximize your content exposure on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn groups are often overlooked as they come off as self-promoting and spammy. They can, however, work well if implemented effectively. In this post, Content Marketing Institute shares 5 spam-free steps to use LinkedIn groups in your content marketing strategy.
- Marketing hacks help try to achieve your objectives. Focusing on LinkedIn, in this post, Andy Foote from Linked Insights shares 18 enormously useful LinkedIn hacks.
- Finally, LinkedIn rolled out new layouts on their profile. They range from changing the profile photos placement to additional characters in your summary. In this post, learn all the new features of LinkedIn.
Did you have any questions? Is there something you would like to add? Let us know
- 10 Common Content Marketing Mistakes & How to Solve Them
- Step-by-Step Guide to Content Syndication
- Content Marketing Is Shifting In 2018: Here's What You Need To Know
- Revitalize Your Marketing Strategy With This 5 Step Content Audit