Wow, is time flying or is it just us? As we wrap up the month of August, we thought about all the great posts we've read this year. That's why we're doing something a little different. We decided to aggregate the best posts from the first half of the year and also included some of our favorite articles from the month of August. Without further delay, let's begin.
Best Articles From August 2018
- Growing a business online by yourself is tough. That's why tools were made to help businesses grow efficiently and quickly. In this post, Aaron Orendorff shares 50 of the best social media tools selected by top marketers.
- Not only does your blog post need to be optimized for SEO, but also for your videos. Here are 8 tips from experts about optimizing your video for SEO in 2019.
- Did you know that 51% of B2B marketers prioritize creating visual assets as part of their content marketing strategy? In this article, Jesse Mawhiney from Hubspot shares 45 Visual Content Marketing Statistics You Should Know in 2018.
- Emma Mears from Marketo couldn't have said it any better. She says, "Email matters more today than ever before. By the end of 2018, an estimated $500 billion in digital commerce revenue will be attributable to email marketing," In this post, Emma shares five best practices on email metrics to help you get the most out of your email marketing initiatives
- Instagram recently released a new feature that allows you to ask your followers a question. They're able to reply, and you can share their answers anonymously. In this post, Lexie Carbone talks about 7 Ways to Use the New Instagram Stories Question Sticker for Your Business
- Are you familiar with Facebook Groups? This tactic helps create an engaged audience which you can then directly share content. In this post, Lucy Hitz from Sprout Social shares 10 Social Marketing Tips for Facebook Groups.
- Almost every online business looks for ways to increase website traffic. In this post by Alee King, this author shares The No-Fail Guide To Attracting More Traffic To Your Website
- LinkedIn is more than just a resume sharing tool. It's a social media platform to connect with businesses and other like-minded individuals. In this post, Tony Shannon shares LinkedIn for Lead Generation: How to Fill Your Sales Pipeline
- Lead generation is one of the most important elements to business growth. In this post, Zsolt Farkas shares 5 lead generation examples with these PPC strategies
Best of Social Media
- Instagram is not the easiest social media platform to crack for your business. That being said, Alfred Lua shares 8 Actionable Instagram Marketing Tips you can implement immediately.
- Are you a B2B business on LinkedIn? If so, you need to check out this post from Jonathan Crossfield. He shares what B2B brands need to know to succeed on LinkedIn.
- Facebook is a powerful tool when it comes to getting your message across to a targeted audience. In this post, Michelle Morgan teaches us how to use the Facebook Audience overlap tool to prevent ad fatigue.
- Social media marketing isn’t just about running a campaign and hoping it works, campaigns require measuring and refining. One of the main KPIs for this is conversion rate. In this post, Rebekah Radice shares 5 tactics that’ll improve your conversion rate.
- Creating and publishing content on social media for your audience to engage with can be a frustrating process. Wouldn’t it be much easier (and faster) if you knew exactly how your audience is going to react? This is exactly what Meenaksi Krishnan tries to answer, as she explores 3 models and tools that will help you understand, predict, and react to your social followers.
Best of Content Marketing
- Case studies are valuable for any content marketing campaign. They enable bloggers to share honest results and opinions. In this post, Jayson shares his insight on why case studies are valuable to content marketing.
- According to Robert Rose, content marketing works best as an integrated infusion into a broader marketing strategy. In this article, the author shows us how the proper use of content marketing can work as a safeguard for our overall digital marketing operations.
- There are many benefits to curating content, such as building your own knowledge repository or creating a blog post such as this one! In this post, Heidi Cohen shares 8 lessons on how to curate content like a pro.
- If you’re unfamiliar with Buzzsumo’s latest report, content marketing is shifting. Social shares are down, clickbait material isn’t working anymore. In this post, we highlight everything you need to know from this 2018 report.
- Content marketing is among the most effective but hardest digital marketing tactics to master. Are there any issues you are currently facing? If so consider checking out this joint study by SEMrush and CMI, as they explore the 15 most challenging tasks of content marketing and how to solve them.
Best of SEO
- If you are new to SEO or simply trying to polish up your knowledge, this guide by Moz is for you. Having been downloaded over 3 million times, it provides all the information you need to kick-start and accelerate your SEO operations. Find the full guide here.
- Struggling to get more organic traffic to your site or blog? Join Ian Clearly's 90 Day Challenge to Build the Authority of Your Website. In this post, Ian goes through a plethora of options that will build your online authority and help you optimize your site for organic visibility in just 90 days.
- Digital marketing is evolving each day, including search and organic marketing. In this post, we share how topic clusters are shaping the future of SEO and content marketing.
- Simon Ensor hit the nail on the head when he says that performing an SEO audit is like going to the dentist, you may not like it but it is necessary. Trying to find an audit tool can be a tedious process, but it doesn’t have to be. Check out a plethora of ideal tools Simon shares in this post.
- SEO goes beyond just bloggers and content creators, it also affects web designers. In this post, Search Engine Watch shares 10 SEO aspects for web designers to master.
- Did you know that mentioning brands can help you ‘win’ with SEO? In this post, Awario speaks about how to use brand mentions for SEO.
- Cheating is never acceptable, even in the wide-open digital marketing world. Believe it or not, there are marketers out there that use black hat SEO techniques to rank for keywords. But how can you overcome it? Kim Kosaka shares her insight on the subject in this post.
For more reading on how you can make an impact with your online marketing, see the links below:
- 5 Marketing Magnets That Drive Lead Generation
- 4 Tactics for a Better LinkedIn Content Strategy
- Twitter Optimization: Creating A Winning Twitter Page
- 10 Types Of Blogs To Make Content Marketing More Effective