As you know by now, every month our team goes through a plethora of articles and posts related to all things digital marketing, and this month was no different. Here are some of our top pick from this past month, with topics ranging from SEO, to PPC, to Content Marketing, and of course, Social Media.
- According to Lisa Buyer from the Search Engine Journal, some SEO keywords have become overused, overvalued, and have just run their course. In her article “20+ SEO Words You Should Delete From Your Vocabulary Immediately” she asks leading SEO experts on which words they consider you should cut back on (or be done with).
- We all look to industry experts when it comes to learning about a specific topic. So let’s join Dave Davies as he compiles the single piece of advice from 21 leading SEO industry experts.
- The new year is a great opportunity to start something new, something that will grow your business above and beyond where it currently stands. But before that, you will need to take a step back and review your campaigns to see where you can make improvements. In this article, Casie Gillette shares her ideas for starting off 2018 right with 3 proper SEO tactics.
- As mobile usage continues to grow, more and more users are comfortable with speaking to their devices rather than typing their queries. In this article Clark Boyd goes over a few simple tactics to help you get mobile SEO for voice search right.
- As of December 19, 2017, “rich results” refers to Google’s special search result features and enhancements. In order to keep you up to date (and prepared for success), John E. Lincoln has prepared 10 facts about rich results that all SEOs should know.
- While the 2018 PPC predictions we’ve been hearing about are exciting and very interesting, they seem to revolve around the same 4 topics; artificial intelligence, audience targeting, attribution and local marketing. In this article, Gini Marvin shares her take on 5 (less obvious) but still very important PPC trends we should watch for in 2018
- PPC is a powerful tactic that can significantly boost your business’ growth, but sometimes we might just not have the resources to invest in such a strategy. Tereza Litsa however, disagrees. In her article, she underlines how you don’t need a large budget for an effective PPC strategy, and helps us understand how we can maximize the success of our PPC campaigns regardless of our available budget.
- In this article, Jacob Baadsgaard suggests that, rather than focusing on different ways to catch your customer's eye with attractive PPC ad copies; you should start by looking at what customers are already responding to. Let’s join Baadsgaard as he shows us how to reverse-engineer our online advertising strategy.
- In this article, Carla Johnson shares her thoughts on what is responsible for killing our most creative content ideas, and underlines ways with which we can stop it. A highly relatable, and useful post for anyone that has been creating content. Check out the full article here.
- According to Robert Rose, content marketing works best as an integrated infusion into a broader marketing strategy. In this article, the author shows us how the proper use of content marketing can work as a safeguard for our overall digital marketing operations.
- In a rather interesting take, Marcia Riefer Johnston shares her view on how we can all benefit if we stopped thinking like marketers, and start approaching our business by acting more like publishers.
- As 2018 brings new goals, it can also bring new challenges. In this article Tereza Litsa shares here checklist to help us make sure that our social media marketing is (and stays) on track for 2018.
- When it comes to anything marketing, especially social, one of the first things anyone should know is “their ideal audience”. But how can we tell who these individuals are, and what kind of content do they like? In this article, Alfred Lua goes over 10 free tools to help you understand your social media audience.
- Oftentimes, try as we may, our social media ads just miss the mark. Thankfully, Peter Minnium has heard our pleas. In this article let’s join Minnium as he outlines 8 tips and tricks to help us connect with our audience and build a community of loyal followers.
Are there any articles you red this month that stood out? Do any of them our lists? Let us know!
And as always, for more digital marketing insight be sure to check out the links below:
- The 7 Best Social Media Management Tools
- The Best Digital Marketing Blogs From January 2018!
- The Best Digital Marketing Articles of 2017
- Best Marketing Techniques to Follow in 2018