The year may be drawing to a close, but the world of online marketing never stops, even for the holidays. This month there has been some interesting articles with valuable insight on growing your small business and improving your online presence. Here is a round-up of the best articles of the month on topics ranging from content marketing, search engine optimization, local marketing, to email marketing.
- Carlos Guzman brings us a great article discussing 10 Ways that Small Businesses Can Dominate Local Markets. Tips include subjects ranging from SEO to Email Marketing. Guzman even brings up some great ways to take your marketing efforts offline into the community.
- Tracy Lewis covers pointers for how to Clean Up Your Business' Online Presence. A 2013 study indicates that 43% of businesses have errors in their online listings. Lewis stresses the importance of consistency online, ensuring that your customers can find you at a moment's notice.
Search Engine Optimization
- Ray Bennett reports on changes to Google's Penguin Algorithm and the Potential Impacts. Google recently released their Penguin 4.0 updates which focuses in on the issue of growing links unnaturally. The article also discusses some penalties that the new algorithm is imposing.
- Jason Luccarelli discusses some tips for Writing Meta Descriptions and Title Tags. Luccarelli goes in depth between the difference of what your pages look like and what the crawlers see, and how you can optimize your meta descriptions and title tags for the search crawlers.
- Jaina Mistry brings us the Ultimate Guide to Web Fonts including web fonts for emails. Mistry goes in depth to explore which email platforms support web fonts and how you can best utilize these for a clean, creative design in their emails.
- Shayla Price suggests a great tactic for your next email marketing campaign- Using User-Generated Content. Price discusses how user-generated content can strengthen your marketing efforts by providing credibility and building a sense of community within your audience.
- Heidi Cohen writes about ways that you can Thank Your Customers with Content Marketing. Cohen includes useful tips that allow you to provide your customers with valuable information that shows them your gratitude for their patronage. In the end, content marketing comes down to relationship building, and what better way to build a relationship than to say thank you.
- Kristen Hicks reviews 3 Hospitals Who are Using Content Marketing Effectively and tips we can glean from their successes. Hicks' article provides a unique look at content marketing for the atypical marketplace of health care.
- Jonathan Franchell brings us 10 Ways that Content Marketing and Sales Teams can Work Together for greater success. Franchell discusses ways to bridge the divide to ensure that your teams are working symbiotically, giving your business the best chance of success.
For more reading on content marketing, SEO, email marketing, and more, see the links below:
- 5 Tools that Provide Significant Insight into your Website’s Effectiveness
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Optimizing Your Website
- What You Can Learn from a Competitive Analysis
- 7 Steps for Converting Your Web Traffic into Website Revenue