One of the most common mistakes I see business make, is that they fail to implement a straight forward and consistent social marketing strategy for their blog posts. Most will tweet about their blog posts on the day they publish them. Very few will remember to send another one out a few days later and almost none of them will do anything beyond that.
Potential engagement and clicks back to their site are being left on the table as a result.
What we recommend doing, is come up with a basic calendar for each blog post, to help you schedule social content for the next few months.
So for example, you might send something on day 0, day 7, 30 etc. Missinglettr does all of this for you, but if you have the spare time you can just as easily do it yourself. Just remember to follow-through with it ;)
2. Sometimes SMB's mistakenly define social media success as having a large base of followers. While that could be helpful, it isn't the whole story. Let's focus on the data to define success. How can an SMB measure the success of their social efforts and what should they be focused on?
3. Let's keep the focus on the social following. What are some tips on how to increase engagement with them? What type of social media content engages best?
Keep things natural (i.e. use your usual tone of voice and writing style),
Keep it relevant (what sort of content do those in your industry tend to gravitate towards)
Be consistent (i.e. make sure they see you as a consistent voice in the space).
Combine these three things and you will see your engagement, trust and social worth go up.
For more tips and tricks on leveraging Instagram for your business, see the links below!
- 3 Types of Posts to Help You Get Followers on Instagram
- 11 Ways to Optimize Your Instagram for Business Page
- Instagram For Business: Five Lessons (I Learned) to Get More Followers